Skip to main content

Unit of Learning




On reflection of the learning that took place, they responded very well to the two works that show tattoos being used in contemporary art. I showed works by Wim Delvoye and Santiago Sierra, which opened up a very interesting discussing regarding ethics, morality and how they fit into the art world. I had been concerned showing these works as they may be upsetting to some of the class, however after a discussion with my co-op she said that it would be suitable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my PME blog. Within this space, I will reflect on the shadowing period of my teaching practice, which follows me in my preparation towards taking my classes alone. I will discuss workshops that take place in the Crawford College, where I can experience the methods of art making that my pupils will experience, seeing through the eyes of both student and teacher. I will also bring my experience from UCC, in which I will reflect on the teaching methodologies that I will use in my own teaching practice. With this blog, I hope to map my progress of this year, and to show the growth that has occurred in both my artistic and teaching practice through the experiences from UCC and the Crawford College. 

5th March Thursday 2020

17th September 2018

Class: 1Art – 1.2 Time: 09:00 – 11:40          (double period) Date:   17/09/18 School: Coláiste Choilm Mentor: Mary O’ Mahony Pupils entered the class boisterously. My co-operating teacher settled them down by greeting them and by asking for the pupils to bring up their string drawings from the previous class. The pupils then made rubbings from the string drawings. Following the completion of the rubbings they were hung up on the wall. The class gathered around them and discussed the things they noticed about the rubbings. Among the comments made about the rubbings, it was pointed out that the rubbings were different from other drawings that they had done before. It was a good strategy to introduce the students to peer assessment. This acts as a brief introduction to print. It allows them to see where ink would be in a print. The class then moved onto Contour line. The co-operation teacher had a PowerPoint presentation ready w...